- WARNING! BIG FILE ON MY DA PAGE TO DOWNLOAD AND ENJOY!
I decided to draw up some tips for drawing girls, since I _think_ I know what I’m doing with them. A lot of peeps have asked for them, so here’s a bit. Will have a male one when I get really confident with the dudes (which i’m progressing nicely in that area), but for now, this will suffice.
Let me know if there are any questions you have or anything else you’d like me to show you that’s reasonable. But just remember that you have to learn and study for yourself to get the idea.
REMEMBER, PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE STUDY RESEARCH PRACTICE!
- Using shapes for your gestures beats stick figure methods! Read this: [link]
- Draw constantly. Don’t look at what you’re working on, and study it! Learn why certain things connect the way they do, what muscles get tense in a position and relaxed, etc. Don’t just draw what you see.
- Come up with your own visual cues to help you “see” how a form works, like the McDonald’s Arches and Megaman Boot. You’d be surprised how easy it is for you to remember how something looks!
- With women, remember, dainty and curvy lines beats hard edgy lines! No matter the size of woman’s breasts or hips or proportions, these things always apply best: Hands with less lines, thinner fingers and smaller feet. Using line minimally also bumps femininity up if you’re not confident with what you’re doing yet. And curves always! Even on the straightest line, make it a bit curvy.
Hey guys! Save this! It’s crazy useful =D
Oh damn this is excellent. Female bodies are SO NICE TO DRAW weh
on another note
Regarding the first image, the way I draw the hip area and legs in general is pretty exaggerated, I remove a lot of muscle and curve the bones. The left of each set is more correct if you’re aiming to be more realistic.
The second image is just how I personally stretch legs into different body types. The third is one of my most generic poses and some feet. I approach the bottoms of the feet the same way I do hands and I make toes by just overlapping the little circles. The fourth image features some attempts at different positions I don’t show as much, an area I still have to work on myself.
I’ve still yet to recover from my recent lethargy, so this was all I could think to do… but I hope this is of at least some use! Sorry! :(
This is really good to look at, thank you for posting it!
Gosh I need to practice my legs/feet so much. ;;
legs legs legs
I need to draw some. And feet.
Just a doodle of another mystical creature for my Fantasy RPG. Without colors it looks like a phoenix, but it’s some kind of forest-bird with blue/purple and green colors.
Oh my gosh, my hand hurts as fuck D8 I tried to make the outline without the linework-tools ;w; maybe I will make another version with the outline-tools, I don’t know.
So this is an owl-creature for my fantasy RPG. Any suggestions for colors?
You really should upload your drawings to your dA, They are great! short question: you always draw blond girls, do you draw yourself?
no, I don’t always draw myself, just a few of my drawings are supposed to show myself. (a few examples: X, X, X)
the naked girl isn’t me. I wanted to color her hair brown, but it didn’t look like I wanted it xD It’s easier for me to draw blond hair >w<
(sry for my bad English)
I will upload some sketches tomorrow! 8D Yay for mystical creatures and chubby porn!
I really like your art, but I wonder why you don't upload your drawings to your dviantArt account?
asdfghjl my first ask! Thank you so much for the compliment!
I don’t know, I mostly uploaded pixelart there and I’m very insecure… I don’t know if others would like my art too ;___;
Okay so someone i follow lost all of her custom brushes so i made a masterpost for anybody who needed it
First i have some links:
And now full pictures i found in google a looong time ago:
And last a blog with a bunch of these:
http://ptsbrushes.tumblr.com/ (though it doesn’t update much)
erhmm…yep that’s about it